Good morning ladies,
Yesterday I asked Carol if we were meeting to lift weights on Monday; she let me know that the timing was up to me but that she would be meeting and running with Gwen at 7:30pm. Gwen works until 7 and Carol would rather run with her than run by herself and she knows that Gwen would rather have a running partner too. Could Carol run earlier, yup she could, but she chooses to wait.
Another workout friendship is when Kimberly finished her last run of the week but she knew that Amy hadn’t gotten hers in. Kimberly showed up on a Sunday morning at 9am just for Amy, to show friendship and support.
I’m sure Carol wouldn’t think that what she’s doing is extraordinary but it is, she is being a workout friend and because of that they are both on track and accomplishing their running goal. Kimberly may not realize what she did for Amy on that Sunday but if you ask Amy, she would tell you how supported she felt because of Kimberly.
Sometimes to be that friend we go out of our way for the other, we re-arrange our schedules to make it work for both or only for 1. Are you willing to be that workout friend? Would you go out of your way to support another accomplishing their goal even if you don’t need to? That is what an Inspirator is, going the extra mile in support. I am so proud of the Inspirtors of Your Turn and those who are receiving support because I know that they will be that for another; the bucket train extends.
Happenings this Week:
- 5pm – C25K and ½ Marathon Trainees – Otsego High School – Runs are anywhere from 2 miles to 8
- 6pm – C25K – Celery Flats on Garden Lane – Week 6 and Week 7, Day 1
- 6pm – ½ Marathon Trainees – Portage Library – Running 9 Miles
- 9:30am – Group Meditation – Your Turn Office, 3234 S. Westnedge Ave, Kalamazoo – JUST SHOW UP!
- 6:45pm – Sign Making Party – Your Turn Office, 3234 S. Westnedge Ave, Kalamazoo – Your Turn LOVES to be cheerleaders for YOUR race. We will be making signs that we will be using for all of our Inspirator Races in 2013. Join in on the fun and get your creative juices flowing.
- 8am – Cheerleading Opportunity – Bronson Athletic Club – 1st Triathlon of the year and we have an Inspirator participating – If you have wondered what a triathlon is like, this is a great opportunity to see what it’s all about and recognize that EVERYONE has the ability to do one if you train for it.
Get Your Sweat On and Be that Friend