Good morning ladies,
WELCOME all the NEW YT Inspirators!
You are each on this email chain because you have the desire to have support for your health and wellness goals and you want to support others on their journey. So again, WELCOME!!!
Your Turn is EASY! 90% of life is showing up and Your Turn is no different. This is your invitation to join in ANY of our Happenings, Gatherings or Programs and Meet and Greet; truly, nothing more or nothing less, JUST SHOW UP!
Our conversations revolve around Happenings – those are the activities that Your Turn either is putting on or that Your Turn has had a hand in putting together. These Happenings are opportunities for you to do something for your health and wellness. Please note these are not all the happenings that Your Turn Inspirators are doing just the ones that YT has had a hand in facilitating.
Also on the beginning of the month we try to let you know an overview of what is coming up for the month. Here we go.
Happenings This Week:
· 5pm – Otsego High School, Otsego – C25K & ½ Marathon Trainees – Running from 2 miles to 7 miles, all paces welcome JUST SHOW UP!
· 6pm – Fluid Process, Kalamazoo – C25K Trainees – Week 6 Day 1 and Week 4 Day 1 and Week 5 Day 1, if you have had a small amount of experience running (for instance 3-20 minutes) please join us JUST SHOW UP!
· 6pm – McDonalds on Portage Rd, Portage – ½ Marathon Trainees – 8 Miles, Yes I did just say 8 miles!!! They are rocking it out!!
· 9:30am – Your Turn Office, Kalamazoo – Morning Meditation, guided meditation for 20 minutes. Haven’t tried meditation, this is a great opportunity to feel the benefits of clearing the mind. JUST SHOW UP!
· 12:10pm – Your Turn Office, Kalamazoo – Your Turn Gathering, Heart Health – What does it mean to have a healthy heart, how to you achieve the goal of a healthy heart, how to you eat for a healthy heart; have you ever asked yourself or anyone else those questions or ones similar? If you haven’t, well…you should have at some point, come find out what it’s all about it. JUST SHOW UP!
· 6:30pm – Your Turn Office, Kalamazoo – Meet and Greet; Lucky Charm – This is a great opportunity to meet and socialize with other women who are striving to reach their health and wellness goals. Come learn about what others have for their health and wellness goal, be inspired by those who are achieving their goals and connect with women who have the same or similar goal as you. We are serving YUMMY GREEN FOOD as a celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we have enough yummy green stuff to go around! JUST SHOW UP!
· 9am – Celery Flats on Garden Lane, Portage – C25K Trainees – Meet us for a fun run to finish off your AMAZING week! JUST SHOW UP!
· 11:45am – Bronson Athletic Club, Kalamazoo – 4.5 Miles then Hips 2 Nips Strengthening JUST SHOW UP!
All March Gatherings will be centered around Heart Health – What does it mean to have a healthy heart, how to you achieve the goal of a healthy heart, how to you eat for a healthy heart; have you ever asked yourself or anyone else those questions or ones similar? If you haven’t, well…you should have at some point, come find out what it’s all about it.
· 1st Thursday at 12:10 at Your Turn Office at 3240 S. Westnedge, Kalamazoo
· 2nd Monday at 10am at YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo on Maple St. (You do NOT need to be a member to attend)
· 3rd Wednesday at 7pm at Bronson Athletic Club in Kalamazoo (You do NOT need to be a member of BAC to attend)
Knowledge = Power – A NEW Women Supporting Women program that Your Turn is partnering up with Kalamazoo Psychology to put on. We will be meeting at Kalamazoo Psychology on Wednesday’s at 10am, if there is enough interest we would be willing to put on an evening support group. Please email me for more details and how to sign up. Some of the topics will be:
· Guilt and Resentment
· My Worst Fears
· What I Liked Best about Myself and What I Like Least
· How I Take Care of Myself and Meet My Own Needs
· My Sexual Attitudes: What They Are and Where They Come From
· Anger: How I Handle My Own and Others
· How I Relate To Men
Weight Loss Support – This will be a bi-weekly support group to specifically support our weight loss needs. We will be discussing mindful eating, exercise rotation, changing your mind from fat girl 2 fit girl. I am still working the kinks out on this but I believe it will be on Monday’s starting somewhere around 5:15-6pm beginning the end of March or very early in April. The meetings will be at the YT Office on Westnedge in Kalamazoo. If you are interested in this please shoot me an email.
HOLY SHIT, talk about ways to support you! Do you have a specific goal that we aren’t covering? If so, please shoot me an email. We want to support you and the only way we can do that is if we know what it is that you want to achieve. Don’t be shy, shout it out; I’ll listen!
Get Your Sweat On