Good morning ladies,
I am going to give you a little back story on the Friday email submission. This wasn’t meant to be an Friday email it was just meant to “Make Me Smile” and smile it did make me, it also made me get all teary and a fresh reminder to intentionally live, love and support. I hope it is a reminder to each of you reading this as well.
Remember your explanation about our sphere of influence and being intentional (not sure if those two ideas were together or not)? Starting a run group of educators was not intentional on my part, the invitation to one person just kind of popped out of my mouth one day. Well, I did know one of them really wished to get herself moving, so it might have been a teeny bit intentional. She tried to get fit a few years ago, but a major health issue derailed her.
I have to tell you how these co-workers of mine are doing. (name out), the one I spoke of above, previously taught P.E., Health, and was an athletic trainer. At age 40, she has always struggled with her weight even when she was more active. Imagine the excitement I feel for her (you know exactly what I mean) as she finished week 7 of C25k feeling strong, ready to run longer!
(name out) is my age, relatively fit as she helps run a farm at home, but never tried running. She’s been doing every challenge along the way, not wishing to do more or feeling like she super loves it or anything, but she’s with our group keeping a pace as of Monday, of a 12:04 min. mile.
(name out), a twenty-something, is also overweight, but ran in high school. She’s got it in her to be faster than us, but has lately been fighting a bad cold. Never did we hear her try to get out of our weekly runs (we go after school on Mondays and Wednesdays). She huffs, coughs, etc. and has had to hang back a little, but with us she remains. Last week, she announced that she wants to run a 1/2 marathon in May! She’s got her roommate running now, too. I may need to get her hooked up with support from YT Kalamazoo; she lives near downtown.
Do you have a lump in your throat as do I? I’m so proud of them and happy to have a tiny part in their journey. I think of you often! Two other young women (staff members, fit runners), have joined our group for the chance to train a little, camaraderie, etc. We are doing the Girls on the Run Hot Chocolate 5k on December 15. I can’t thank you enough for the inspiration you are to me and how you invest in the lives of others…those women who need dig deep down inside of themselves and find out who they are and that they already are strong! Your circle just keeps expanding!
Love you 1.55 miles out and back!
I need for you NON-runners on this list to know that this isn’t about running. It’s about intentionally being willing to support someone else reach their goal and the feelings you get doing so. We are so addicted to the “busy” but when you choose to make time to support another the feelings you get, the love you feel…..there is NO verbal word to express how amazing it is.
We are attempting to make Happenings more personal, for those of you who do activities on this list please let me know if I am allowed to give your FIRST name only. This will make it so people would have a go to for that particular opportunity to get their sweat on!
Happenings listed are where Your Turn Inspirators are getting their sweat on.
Happenings This Weekend:
- Ø 9am & noon – Kettle Bell @ Maple St. YMCA w/ Michelle – Please note this is a paid class; please check with the Y for the amount.
- Ø 9am – WERQ @ Just Move Fitness and More in Portage – Please note this is a paid class; check out www.justmovefit.com
- Ø 8pm – XTREME Zumba @ The Venue in Portage – The cost is $10 at the door and tonight is CRAZY SOCK night, get wild!
- Ø 7:30am – Stretching @ Tucker Ballroom Dance Studio w/ Laura– Please note this is a paid class but your 1st visit is FOR FREE!!
- Ø 8am – Cordio @ Tucker Ballroom Dance Studio w/ Monica – Please note this is a paid class but your 1st visit is FOR FREE!!
- Ø 10:30am – Body Blast @ Portage YMCA w/ Dana – (please go early as to get a spot and have help setting up if this is your first class)
- Ø 12:30pm – Water Fitness @ Maple St. YMCA w/ Tonia
- Ø 2pm – JINGLE BELL 5K!!! @ Celery Flats in Portage – We will be meeting by the BIG RED BARN, look for the YT sign – Come to run/walk or come to cheer!!!
- Ø 3:30pm – Zumba @ Chung’s Black Belt in Portage w/ Melissa – Please note this is a paid class; check with Melissa for pricing
- Ø 4:30pm – R.I.P.P.E.D @ Just Move Fitness and More in Portage – Please note this is a paid class; check out www.justmovefit.com
- Ø FREE FOR KIDS while parents enjoy getting their sweat on in R.I.P.P.E.D – Zumbatomic, Zumba for kids
Greater St. Joseph Co.
- Ø 9am – Body Pump @ Zimmyville Fitness in Union – Please note this is a paid class; check with Kena for pricing
- Ø 10:15am – Zumba @ Zimmyville Fitness in Union – Please note this is a paid class; check with Kena for pricing
- Ø 11:15 am – Awakening Yoga @ Zimmyville Fitness in Union – Please note this is a paid class; check with Kena for pricing
- Ø Runners of St. Joseph Co. meet up in the evening, if you are interested in more details please let me know and I will get you the information closer to the day.
If you have any questions as to who is going where please feel free to shoot me an email and I would gladly hook you up with the appropriate Your Turn Inspirator. This list is to excite you, inspire you and motivate you to get involved!!!
Get Your Sweat On